Millions of internet users are now accessing websites through smartphones, tablets and other mobile technology.
In fact, many of these users are on mobile devices more so than computers or laptops (view source). The bottom line is that in the modern day, you need a website that gives a consistent and positive experience to users across all devices.
e-CBD can help you offer your website's visitors a superb mobile experience by creating a fully functional responsive website.
Google is mobile-first
Mobile searches have surpassed desktop searches and Google is aware of this trend. As a result, the search engine is changing the way that it ranks websites in Google search results.
Instead of crawling websites using a desktop browser point-of-view, Google will now crawl the web from a mobile browser. This means if your mobile search rankings are placed lower than your desktop rankings, you could potentially lose visibility in search results (do you know the difference between your mobile and desktop rankings? We can help). Some things that could be negatively affecting your mobile rankings include:
- Showing less information on your mobile site than your desktop
- Having a separate mobile site, for example, http://m.example.com, or http://www.example.com/mobile (there are exceptions to this rule though)
- Not having a mobile site at all
If you’re not sure whether your website is ready for the mobile-first index get in touch with us today.
Our Mobile-First Approach
Give your customers the best online experience with our mobile-first approach.
Here at e-CBD we strive to stay ahead of the game and have been developing websites using what we call a mobile-first approach for some time now.
The mobile-first approach means that when we are developing your website we focus first on creating the mobile experience.
Once the mobile version of the website is slick we will then scale upwards to build the tablet layout and finally the dazzling desktop version of the website.
Responsive web designthe best of both worlds
When you get an e-CBD responsive website, your customers are getting the optimum user experience regardless of what sized device they are using and you get the added bonus of receiving favourable search engine results because you are keeping Google happy.
Mobile responsive website features:
- Compatibility with all major mobile, tablet, e-reader & desktop platforms - iOS, Android, Blackberry, Palm WebOS, Nokia/Symbian, Windows Phone 7, MeeGo, Opera Mobile/Mini, Firefox Mobile, Kindle, Nook and all modern browsers.
- Supporting touch, mouse and cursor based user input methods.
- Responsive website design allowing the same underlying codebase to automatically scale from smartphone to desktop-sized screens, meaning your website will automatically stretch to fit any screen size!
- Integrated with our ModX Content Management System so you can edit the content yourself (a feature not offered by many mobile website companies)