This week we sat down with a new client. They lamented, “I just made a start on my website and now have realised that I need professional help. Can you help me?”
It’s not the first time we’ve heard this from a client and it won’t be the last time either. At eCBD, we’ve helped hundreds of frustrated Australian business owners fix their websites and begin to thrive.
First, let’s talk Do It Yourself Websites.
There are several platforms for DIY Websites. These include offerings like Wix and Squarespace or you can use a template for platforms like WordPress or Shopify. These platforms have a place in the market and although going it your own way is not something we suggest to our clients, there are some benefits.
DIY Website Benefits:
- They are affordable
- You can launch in one day
- They are ideal for people with lots of time
If you are not creative or suffer from a chronic case of No Time, then the DIY platforms may not be for you.
The first question to ask yourself is, “Are you trying to be a web designer, or are you trying to launch and grow your business?”
DIY Website Disadvantages:
- You will potentially waste your time and energy creating a website that doesn’t generate leads or sales.
- Using a DIY platform may put functionality, growth and marketing limitations on your site.
- Your inferior website may reflect badly on your superior services or products.
- You may set back the launch of your website whilst trying to do it all yourself.
According to this study, back in 2010, there were little over 201 million websites. At the time of writing this article, there are 1,993,023,113 websites online right now. That’s an awful lot of websites.
The next question to ask yourself is, “Can you create a website that stands alone by yourself?”
Still think you can do it? Here are some facts we’d like you to consider.
1. In the first quarter of 2021, mobile devices generated 54.8% of global website traffic. (Statista, 2021).
This shows that it is of great importance to have a website that is optimised for mobile devices and tablets as well as desktops.
2. 42% of people will leave a website because of poor functionality. (Top Design Firms, 2021)
We are a fickle bunch. If we can’t find what we’re looking for almost immediately, we’re onto the next. This is true for how a website performs and what information we find once we land on it.
3. 50% of consumers believe that website design is crucial to a business’s overall brand. (Top Design Firms, 2021)
When it comes to websites, looks really do matter.
The last question we want you to ask yourself is, “Are you a business owner or a web designer?”
Chances are you are a business owner and not a web designer. That’s why you should leave designing a website for professionals, like eCBD.
We’re here to help shoulder the weight of designing a website so that you can focus on your business. Let us smash your goals and meet growing user expectations by creating a website that performs well and looks good while doing it.
How our high level designs help you stand out from the crowd:
- Our marketing team works with our web design team to create a website that is designed to help sell your products and services.
- We create a website with a strategic approach to mobile layout, performance and speed.
- We build a website with a clean back end so that the client can update their site and continue to grow.
- We design a website that makes you
- Implement Google Analytics correctly to capture and record metrics.
- Conduct internal cross browser and responsive design testing to ensure your website looks and behaves correctly across all browsers and devices.
- Post Website launch we diagnose and fix any issues you may have
- We offer a free training session to teach you how to update your website should you wish to learn.
Take a look at some of our recent websites:
Need any help?
If you need help creating a well designed and well functioning website, we are just a phone call away. Contact our team for advice on (07) 5531 3810.