In this video, Luke explains what Facebook Lead Ads & Conversion Ads are and what makes them effective in reaching potential customers.
Facebook lead and conversion ads use Facebook’s machine learning and AI technology to learn what audiences are more responsive and more likely to complete your most desired action (MDA). This means your ads are displayed to people who are more likely to be interested in what you’re selling, and in turn, improve the effectiveness of your ads.
To begin with, you tell Facebook what MDA you would like people to complete, this could include submitting a form, making a purchase or requesting a quote. After some time and people have completed the MDA, Facebook will find people who fit a similar profile to those who have already completed your MDA and target them.
Whilst we have had a lot of success with these types of ads for our customers, it’s not for everyone. We have seen certain types of business have more success than others.
Facebook Lead Ads
- Mobile Only
- Pre-populated form to make it easier and quicker for someone to submit.
- Keeps people within Facebook, this is less disruptive than linking out to a webpage. This also makes it quicker and easier for someone to submit, which, in turn, improves your conversion rate.
- Good for service-based business, get a quote, apply now
Tips For Facebook Lead Ads
- Fine tune your targeting
- Be clear about the product or offer
- Try different images, around 5
- Check your leads – you’ll need to log in and check your leads regularly
- Keep it short
Facebook Conversion Ads
- Works on all platforms; mobile, desktop, and tablet
- Relies on a Facebook pixel being installed on your website
- Define conversions / MDA so you can measure your conversion rate. Usually a thank you page.
- Great for sign-ups or register for an event
Tips For Facebook Conversion Ads
- Keep it focused
- Test up to 7 images, 2-4 weeks, then try different images
- Make sure that the landing pages are working and relevant
- Try to optimise for clicks in the first few days to help Facebook learn who your customers are
- Let the ads run long enough to give Facebook’s machine learning a chance to build a profile of the potential customers