Are people still banging on about email marketing in 2020? Yes they are! Why? Because quite simply, it works
In fact, we believe that your email database may be one of the most powerful assets you own. So, the question is.. Are you using it correctly?
In this blog we are going to talk about the benefits, give you a couple of tips and we’ll even talk about this fandangled thing called Marketing Automation, which may just make your life easier and your business better.
Benefits of Email Marketing
Email Marketing is a terrific way to connect with your audience. It can create trust, tell your brand’s story, increase engagement (and reengagement) and also provide you with some kick-arse ROIs.
Simply the fact that your customer has selected “Yes, keep me updated” means that they want to hear from you. They may in fact be keen to hear from you. And If you follow some of our tips, your emails will never feel spammy.
Tips For 2020
- Grab their attention (with a catchy subject line) and hold it with interesting copy. Speak to your audience just like you would do one-on-one.
- Personalise the email by throwing in a name, it helps create that bond between your brand and your customer.
- Create a clear Call To Action (e.g. Buy Now or Book Here).
- Use segmentation to group like-minded customers together. Slice and dice your database by geographic location, purchase history, interests so that you can deliver the right info to the right customer.
- Do we even need to say they need to be mobile friendly?
- Get us to build you a beautiful email template.
Below is a great example of how personalisation, interesting copy and a bit of humour can go along way in creating a bond between customer and company.
Firstly, what is it? According to our Digital Project Manager Mick, “It’s having repeatable parts of your marketing processes automated in order to save time. It helps grow your brand, generate higher quality leads, create more conversions and build better relationships.”
In terms of email marketing, you can set up welcome emails, thank you emails, happy birthday emails and then once comfortable you can dive into automated customer journeys. These can help your customer get to know your brand better or even help an old customer reengage again. By letting the software do it all for you, you can spend more time focusing on higher-level tasks whilst saving you time and precious resources.
If this blog has piqued your interest in email marketing or set a fire underneath you to get back on the email marketing train, let us know if we can help you. Get in touch with us today by calling (07) 5531 3810